10 Ways to Fight Global Hunger
1. BE AWARE - Try www.FreedomFromHunger.org or www.ActionAgainstHunger.org.
2. CARE - Caring is an action that leads to more actions. It's an awesome first step.
3. SHARE - Do what you CAN do. Don't be overwhelmed by what you CAN'T do.
4. BUY FAIR TRADE - This choice gives power to fair trade companies that are helping farmers who are struggling to survive and pay their workers. (See page 3.)
5. CLICK FOR FOOD - Set www.thehungersite.com as your home page and click once every day.
6. SPONSOR A MICRO-CREDIT BUSINESS - People can feed their families when they have good jobs. Micro-credit helps people with few resources start a new business with only a small amount of money. Try www.empowerglobal.org.
7. PARTICIPATE in "I AM SILENT" - This is a creative way to stand up for children around the world whose voices aren't heard. The support leads to practical help in villages around the world.
8. RAISE MONEY - Gather some friends and raise some money that helps people who are fighting hunger. Your efforts will help them in their efforts. Give the money to www.shareagfoundation.org, www.unicef.ca, www.worldvision.ca or www.oxfam.ca.
9. MAKE A VIDEO - Get creative and share your thoughts about hunger on a video. Post your video on YouTube or Facebook. But do check with your parents first so they can support what you're doing.
10. ORGANIZE A GLOBAL DINNER - Work with the social action committee (or something similar) in your school to organize a Global Dinner event.